Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3,000 plus presence


Yes, 3,000 plus advertising and marketing communications professionals are expected to make their presence felt for the 20th edition of the Philippine Advertising Congress, which starts today at the Subic Freeport. Photo courtesy of Ad Congress Media Team.

Chief and I arrived a few minutes ago at the Subic Freeport (now managed by SBMA) and now here at Vista Marina Hotel. And thanks to Globe Telecom, free wifi! Rodel, the manager was also quick to give us two free Wi-fi cards. Guess, I will put to rest for the next few days my Globe Visibility.


But along the way, it was littered with banners and poster by SMART. I was telling Chief that there was really no brand value for consumers for all these materials… it was just to “pull the rug” from their competitor. Globe Telecoms (Image from Globe Telecoms website)

My thesis students are on their way and just left UST around 11:30am. Chanty also just called and she had arrived by bus. I brought her Macbook Pro as it was not safe for her to bring it while she was using public transportation.

Chief just checked into her room. We are living “separate lives” among the expected 5,000 delegates. Her participation is paid for by McCann Erickson, while I paid from my Jansport wallet.

For the next few days, we will discover how to face the challenges of the “new order.”

No comments:

Post a Comment