Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unang Hirit in Pulilan

By 5am, I had reached the 5-Star bus terminal in Cubao, Quezon City.

It has been nearly ten years since I met up with Donald Tapan. I had first met him when I was with CITEM. Our creative team worked with several known photogs for our requirements. But this Thursday, I didn’t have a Job Order or Creative Brief for him. It was really just a simple out of town leisure photo coverage of a famous festival, the Carabao Festival.

I tried to catch some sleep during the bus ride, but the excitement kept me awake most of the strip. And "Die Another Day" was being screened in the bus with the bus ticket costing only 59 pesos!


By 7am, we were in Pullilan. Took a tricycle ride to the front of the Pulilan Church. We quickly saw the production team of “Unang Hirit” already preparing for the features. The cast and crew had made an early presence to feature live the Carabao Festival in their show.

Between "Umagang Kay Ganda" and "Unang Hirit," can you guess which one serves me the local news in the mornings?

No comments:

Post a Comment