Thursday, August 9, 2007

People I met on the 1st Day of IMMAP

First day of the first-ever IMMAP Conference and Exhibit is done. And am here at Hotel Intercon enjoying the benefits of Glove Visibility to get connected on-line. Shai Golpeo, formerly of McCann Erickson, saw me punching the keys of my 6 year old iBook and said to me, "Thank God for wi-fi."

Shai was among the few people I met today. I met Rosalind Tan, Senior Sales Manager of Yahoo Southeast Asia. She joined us for lunch, together with the e-Games team led by Ed Passion. Lunch was just okey. Not really filling, even on my birthday. Yup, it is my birthday today and that would be a whole different blog.

Other people I met include Abe Cordero who is now Benedicto Cordero Technology Corporation who was doing a "pitch" for me for his tech business that gives companies and brands a live on-line presence. We were together nearly 15 years ago during my short presence at Ateneo Grad School.

Also met Jenny Oria who is now with Zoo, a mobile marketing company. I have bumped into Jenny twice during the past week. She didn't know it was my birthday today. hehehe. Niether did my best friend, Guy Oria (her elder brother.)

Also met Sandra Flores of the DMAP Secretariat. She helped facillitate my accreditation (as a columnist from Manila Times) as I also helped DMAP get a speaker for their own conference next month. Sheila Rada had just confirmed that Steve Tsao will be giving a presentation on "digital marketing" during that conference.

And finally, I bumped into Janice Soriano Alimarante, from St. Paul College, Quezon City. She now works for Hotel Intercon, handling Room Sales for the Ortigas Area. She is now a lady, in full corporate attire and I really didn't recognize her at first. But she still knew me after all these years.

Hopefully, I would get to meet Aileen Apollo tomorrow. I have heard much about her from the tech side of the business and have been starting to read her blogs, which I find interesting and gives a smile on a stormy day like today.

All the people above made their presence felt to me today at the 1st IMMAP Conference.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gil!

    I did not know you had a blog. I did not hear from you after that meeting. I only saw this after 2 years. Keep in touch.

    Abe Cordero

    ReplyDelete