Friday, October 5, 2007

Last Day In Saigon

I always maintain the premise that whenever I am in Vietnam on business, it would be the last trip back to this country, which Chief and I consider as our second home. Our presence here was first felt in March 2001, when Chief was cross-posted from McCann Erickson Manila to McCann Erickson Vietnam. From 2001 up to October 2005, we lived and worked and loved here in Vietnam.

I was in Vietnam these past ten days for a mix of business and a little pleasure. First, I attended the Asian CSR Forum. Nearly 600 delegates from 21 countries! And that Forum gave me many opportunities to meet people from different countries, from as far as Japan and Italy.

Plus, met Pacita Juan, the CEO and President of Figaro Coffee, which is Chief’s favorite coffee shop. We had an interesting discussion on Figaro’s CSR Program that helps coffee farmers in the country.

I also met Cheng Cheng Loo, Intel’s Regional Manager for Education. She is Malaysian and had interesting insights o how Intel’s employees contribute their free time for community work.

How far can I push my friend Tere Lopez-Pacis? Hmmm. Maybe, if Doy helped? But he is just smiling, probably thinking of the Pinay singer he met at the Caravelle Hotel. Also met up with a few friends like Pollynne Ibasco, my former boss with Venus Communication, plus my former colleagues from McCann Erickson and Mai Thanh Advertising.

The other half of my trip was spent in Hanoi for the Advanced PR Training Course at AITCV.

This is a photo of home items from ceramics to lacquer ware that can be found in our favorite suki in Ben Thanh Market. I bought a few pieces of chopsticks, fruit bowls and jewelry boxes made of lacquer.

But tomorrow, I fly back to Manila, where Chief and I would continue with the steps of our lives and eagerly open the pasalubong!

1 comment:

  1. I sure want one of those lacquer jewelry boxes.haha! kidding! They are nice and shiny. Dust will not be a problem anymore. =) It was great to have a time-off and enjoy the place of Vietnam.

    Hope to visit Vietnam one of these years

    ReplyDelete