Monday, July 14, 2008

Center to the earth


Last Saturday night, at Cinema 6, Glorietta 3, I caught a screening of "Journey to the center of the earth." Actually, I wanted to watch "Wanted." Two words in the same sentence. hehe. But I promised Chief that we would watch the latest Angelina Jolie movie together.

So, it was nearly two hours with Brendan Frasier's presence on the wide screen for the latest movie adaptation of the classic book from Jules Gabriel Vernes. Movie poster from New Line Cinema.

Brendan Frasier is Trevor Anderson, a volcanologist, who suddeny takes his nephew, Sean (played by Josh Hutcherson) on an adventure guided by Jules Verne’s book, “Journey to the center of the earth.” Trevor receives a box of momentos from Sean’s mother. Here, Trevor discovers a yoyo and an old copy of Verne’s book, with marginal notes. Like a map to the center of the earth.

They take a flight to Iceland and soon on their fall to the center of the earth, with Hannah (played Anita Briem), who charges Trevor a “per hour” rate to guide them through the mountains. Isn't Hannah sexy?

The journey takes them to Max’s cave at the center of the earth! Beyond this, I would let you watch the movie (still showing as I scribble this blog) directed Eric Brevig.
Michael Weiss, Jennifer Flackett, Mark Levin wrote the screenplay.

I guarantee a few surprises along this journey!

Or simply read the book from Jules Verne.

1 comment:

  1. hi sir! how was the movie? I was about to watch journey but my grandpa wanted to see Mamma Mia instead. :)

    ReplyDelete