Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Noynoy Aquino's Presence in the presidential race

Today is supposed to be a lucky day. Three 9s.

Senator Noynoy Aquino would surely need more than luck as he announced his intention to seek higher office! I was expecting that he would join the presidential race, as he had vowed to continue the work of his parents!
"I will be there because of the people, I will stay there because of the people and hopefully I will be true to my word to serve the people," says Aquino.

He made his announcement at Club Filipino. This is the same place where history witnessed Tita Cory be sworn in as president after the 1986 EDSA Revolution. I wouldn’t say the late president led the revolution as it was the the thousands in the streets of EDSA during those four days in February who risked life against Ferdinand Marcos.

The young senator, who is one year older than me, will run under the opposition Liberal Party which has been a fierce critic of the present government.

He says, "I want to make democracy work not just for the rich and the well-connected, but for everybody."
Now, will Noynoy’s presence in the political arena be strong enough to bring Filipinos out of their homes and into the public arena? Whether it be in schools or in the streets, Filipinos, specially, the youth need to get involved and make their own presence felt to support the right candidate who will lead by example with good governance! Photos taken with my Canon "Rebel" DSLR during the anti-Con Ass rally held in Makati City last June 2009.

Good luck Noynoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Prof. Velez!

    I have found you atlast! Wuhoo!

    Talking about your post here, I think times have changed and people are really, aware now on what they want and what they need to do, there are so much information out there, there are so many means on how to be informed. I was lucky to be exposed in this kind of medium-- internet, (web marketing, SEOs), everything web--- in my first work, as a Business Dev. Officer of an outdoor media system (Outcomm) and a part of the pioneer team of a blog advertising community(Nuffnang Ph).

    Noynoy can use the power of his, now sikat, nephews' tweets, to spread viral campaigns. He is really one lucky guy. I wouldn't think that if Jiggy tweets that his Tito Noynoy is good what-so-ever, is fake, because I will think that it was not planted or it is done out of bais, but not out of--- because the person was paid to do so (to tweet good things about the person).

    Anyway! Hello to chief, and your baby.

    ReplyDelete